Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday's Terrific Tidbit *with definition

I know, I know! It is not the greatest title for our word of the week. I just could not come up with anything else!

How are you today?

I'm fine, thanks for asking.
How is your week going?

Mine, pretty much the same as the last four weeks. Math, English, Spelling, Science, Social Studies,... you get the picture.

Things are starting to fall into a routine, and for that I am most grateful. That doesn't mean everyday is fantastic and everyone is done early, it just means "we" know what we are doing and what is expected.

Time seems to be flying by for us. I am finding it hard to believe that we are starting our fourth week of school. The children have all taken their first tests and passed them. Amen! And now they are on to conquer the rest of their year.

And now on to what you came for, today's word:


UNCTUOUS: uhngk-choo-uhs

–adjective
1.characterized by excessive piousness or moralistic fervor, esp. in an affected manner; excessively smooth, suave, or smug.
2.of the nature of or characteristic of an unguent or ointment; oily; greasy.
3.having an oily or soapy feel, as certain minerals.

~Good try, girls! Don't you just hate it when you "know" something and you can't remember it when you want.
Thanks for sharing!~

Let me know what you think and how your week is going.

ttfn

2 comments:

Grape News said...

My preacher uses this word. I actually knew how it was said. Doesn't it mean something like "big-headed" or along those lines anyways?

momma said...

i have heard this before too and it's killing me that i don't know it's meaning!!!

anyway, while i'm thinking, i'm glad you have had a great 4 weeks! we are in week 5 of 6 - so break is just around the corner for us :)

i don't know. i give up!