Monday, July 27, 2009

Summer is coming to a close

Well, at least summer vacation is coming to a close. School starts next Tuesday! Of course, where we live, summer feels like it is only getting started. We have had cool, rainy weather for much of our vacation, and now that it is time for school to start, we are having hot and humid weather. I am so thankful for central air conditioning!
Ty went on Friday and was able to get his stitches out. The doctor was quite pleased with how his toe was healing. She was only concerned with the amount of swelling he had and about one area where it appeared to have a slight discharge. She did place him on antibiotics to clear up anything questionable and he is doing great! We are so pleased with his healing and we are so thankful for God's protection of him. He has even chopped wood again! YAY! For him!

I have been trying to clean, organize and purge our schoolroom. Things seems to make it into the room and then they never seem to leave. The girls have been a BIG help and I am very grateful. So far, I have on large box of books that we have either gotten past or just didn't use. With Luc in 3rd grade, I was able to weeded out quite a few books. Plus, I have a large box of books that Ty used last year which I was unable to sell at conference this year. Now if I just had somewhere to actually store all these boxes. I have come to the conclusion that getting the schoolroom in shape will take me more than a few weeks. After all, it didn't get to be in this shape after only a few weeks.
We have also been working in the addition. The children helped T get sub-floor down over the weekend and now we are ready to move on to putting the actual floor down.

P.S. With school starting, I wondered if y'all were wanting to start our word of the week again.

P.P.S. Have a great year of school, momma!



1 comment:

Grape News said...

Yes! on the word of the day. I miss it!