Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day ~ A.M.

Disclaimer: This is a REALLY LONG post! Lots of pictures!

So it was time to get Father's Day gifts wrapped and cards signed. I really did not have any "man-ly/father-ly" paper around, so I sent Luc to his room to make a box for daddy's present. At first he was alittle upset, he didn't think he would have enough Legos. He thought he had to keep the gift flat. I quickly showed him that we could fold it, and then he realized he would have plenty. Here is the finished project, I mean wrapped present!
This is Daddy and Luc before it was time to open his presents. Luc was really proud of his box!
A little last minute playing while Daddy stepped away from the table.
Daddy really liked the wrapping of his present. He enjoyed taking it apart and seeing how well it was built. Plus, he liked that we wasted no paper!
And guess what his gift was....A Brand New TIE! Luc picked it out all by himself. We were shopping at the local Christian bookstore, and Luc "saw" this and knew Daddy would want it. It has tools all over it! I think Luc is waiting to be old enough to borrow Daddy's new tie!
This is what the box looked like after it was opened.
Not too bad if I do say so myself. If we had something small to wrap, we would be all set!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once Luc and Daddy had finished their time, it was Lys's turn. Here Daddy is reading her card, which explains the rather strange facial expression.
This was the card that just kept going,and going...and going!With a card this big, who needs a gift?! Actually we are taking Daddy to buy a new pair of workboots! That man always needs a new pair of those things! At least we always have a gift idea!

Happy Father's Day, T! We love you!

(Even if you aren't happy I posted all these pictures. You probably won't want to read the P.M. part of this post!)



3 comments:

momma said...

great pictures! i loved them!!

wonderful idea for the gift wrap!!! very creative :)

Grape News said...

Oh the suspense!!!!!!

Grandma's Grumblings said...

who knew legos could be so useful. way to go Luc! the card sure does say it all!